Tellagami is one of those multi-purpose free apps that will give an extra boost to your classroom activity, with lots of student production in English.
Here´s an overview of the app:
In the classroom, use Tellagami to:
- let the avatar tell a story about a specific place (you can change the background there)
- review a concept. Students have to summarize what they´ve just learned
- do a follow-up activity in which students tell their own views on the topic
- drill basic structures in a young learners´ class ( I like; I don´t like; I have; I don´t have)
- practice physical descriptions when students are creating their avatar; then, they record about their best friend´s physical appearance
- work on clothing by changing the avatar´s outfits; the avatar can record why he chose that specific outfit
Students can record their own voices, or even use the text to speech feature (they write the text and choose the accent of their avatar. Warning: this feature only works when there´s Internet connection).
GOING THE EXTRA MILE: there´s an editing feature on YOUTUBE that you can put your students´ Tellagami videos altogether in one single Youtube video. Here´s an example from a training session we had about high performance class. First, we used this poster as a discussion springboard.
Then, the groups created their avatars and recorded their main ideas about highly performaning classes. Finally, I edited them, using Youtube editor, after having uploaded all the gamis.
Ready to begin? We´d love t know what you´ve been doing in class with Tellagami.