Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Cutting movie segments.

This video assumes you already have a digital version of the video file. (Digital video files can be ripped from DVDs, VideoCD or BluRay. There are many programs that make this conversion, I use DVD Shrink.)

Even though Windows Live Movie Maker is a practical and simple solution, it has limitations regarding file type, it will handle .avi (today's standard for shared SDTV media) well but it won't open other popular formats like .flv (flash video from the web) or HDTV's standard .mkv.
Also the settings need tuning if you want to work with widescreen (16:9 and 16:10) files.
Another downside of using WLMM is the output format: it only exports video in .wmv. Although .wmv files are easily uploaded to youtube some third party software are not able of playing it (this is not an issue unless you work with different platforms, like a Windows desktop and a Unix/Mac laptop).

The mentioned keyboard shortcuts are:
'j' for frame-by-frame backwards
'k' for play/pause
'l' for frame-by-frame forward


15 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    WLMM will support those formats if you have a decoder on the PC and those file extensions are registered as "video" in the registry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaouê,

    Thanks for taking your time and posting these tips. I use prism to convert video files. I didn't know I could change settings and have it widescreen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post but I was wondering if you could write a little more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks in advance! https://123movies.business/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks. https://spider-manfarhomefull.com/zendaya/

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. film streaming

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this valuable content. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. xcine.tv/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. bolly4u

    ReplyDelete
  8. Succeed! It could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on the subject. Excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort very well. Thanks for the huge help. 123movies

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. 123anime

    ReplyDelete
  10. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. kiss manga

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. ythub

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style

    noveltoon
    domino apk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh i can't see the video anymore! Please check and update it again! apk.care

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your video is unavailable that we cant watch it anymore. Please check it again. APK Download

    ReplyDelete
  15. why i can't see the video. Please check and upload available video Apkdownload

    ReplyDelete

We´d love to hear from you.